A log school was erected at Grant's Corners on Lot 20, Conc. 11, which was utilized by several denominations as a place where service was held. This station was formed into a congregation by deed of Presbytery in 1857. In March 1865 the name of Grant's Corners was changed to Hampstead, along with the name of the congregation.
In 1983, the church underwent some major renovations, not the least being putting in a basement! All the windows were replaced, including those in the front which reflect the shape of a cross.